When microgreens first start growing, their micro-hairs can easily be mistaken for mold. However, unlike mold, these micro-hairs are a sign of a very healthy plant and means the plant root has a significant surface area to intake nutrients from the soil. If you see something that looks like mold and is not in the root area of the plant, it is possible mold has gotten into your plants. Many buildings and homes have excess humidity and environmental mold and in certain conditions that mold can get into your growing plants. If you happen to run into this problem we suggest adding a tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide to a full water tank and to kill the mold.